Sunday, January 1, 2012

The "Original" First Blog Post

So I really dislike the introductory post to a new blog. It just feels so formal to talk about what brought me here, why I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon, yada yada yada. And well - since it IS my blog, I thought about just jumping in to my random ruminations...but that equally felt unnatural.

So here's the reader's digest version to my "story:"

I love to write. Always have. And so I decided to do more of it. It's a new year, so I figured it's as good a time as any to start a blog. What will I write about? Anything. Daily excursions, epiphanies, faith, love, food, my love for food, shoes (and no I'm not kidding - I could write an entire blog on shoes)...anything. Who knows, maybe I just want to feel like I'm a Dallas version of Carrie Bradshaw.

But I will promise you this: I refuse to write due to boredom. I don't think writing because you're bored necessarily gets you the best material. And if my "daily excursions" aren't interesting - well then I promise you won't hear about them.

But I'm a dramatic person with an overactive mind, so I figure an outlet wouldn't hurt.

So raise your glasses, folks - cause here we go. A whole 365 days of opportunities and possibilities.

Bring it, 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment